Brian Levicky, Northeast Sales Engineer, Genetec, for example, was in the middle of his presentation on access control when the hands starting going up and an informative Q and A session ensued. "They were all good questions and it is great to see attendees are paying attention," Levicky notes.
"A very good seminar," states Security Systems Integrator, Andrew Goldstein, Vice President of Strategic Sales, IDESCO, New York, NY, summing up the event.
In addition to the presentations, the exhibit area was visited by a host of quality security professionals seeking more knowledge on how to apply IP security to the network. Gary Sawyers, Regional Sales Manager New York and New Jersey, Axis Communications, explains, "I had a gentleman come up wanting more information about the Axis products on display. His badge was turned around and I asked if I could turn it over. I found out I was talking to the security supervisor for the New York Public Library. Now that is a good account."
"It was a nice mix of attendees from the New York area," comments Susan Brady, Managing Director, IP UserGroup USA. "There were IT folks like Michael Katz of Glowpoint Video from Hillside NJ, joined by Wantagh, Long Island-based, Sal Conigliaro of Premier Network Solutions, and top systems integrators such as IDESCO's Goldstein, as well as, Phillip Schiller, President, Security Techniques, from Mount Vernon, NY and Jeffrey Siegel, Director Life Safety Division, American Security Systems, Long Island City, NY, to name a few."
The high profile end users were equally impressive, according to Brady. "Take the transportation market, for instance," she points out. "I met Samuel Ragheb, New York City Transit, Project Engineer, and Michael Laviola, who is Senior Communications Engineer for AECOM Transportation.
AECOM is involved in the Second Avenue Subway reconstruction project. A Fortune 500 company, AECOM is a leading design firm serving a broad range of global markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental and energy. With 43,000 employees around the world, AECOM reported revenues of close to $6 billion over the past year.
Dave Williams, Vice President of North American Sales, Brivo Systems, concurs. "We ended up with some decent leads," he offers. "Thank you again for putting this on."
The following IP-in-Action LIVE NYC presentations are available by clicking on the links below:
- Migrating to a Converged Security Infrastructure - Barriers and Opportunities, Ray Coulombe, Manager, Industry Consulting for the Physical Security Business Unit (PSBU) of Cisco's Emerging Technologies Group. View Presentation
- Separating Video Wants from Needs - The Essential Questions to Consider, Steve Lewis, Director of Business Development, IQinVision. View Presentation
- IP Video Surveillance in a New Era: A Case Study of the New York State Unified Court System, Sheng Guo, CTO for New York State Unified Court System and Gadi Piran, President and CTO, On-Net Surveillance Systems, Inc. View Presentation
- Exploring the Advantages of Networked Security Solutions, Brian Levicky, Northeast Sales Engineer, Genetec. View Presentation
- Next-Gen IP Video Surveillance: It Just Got Smarter and Simpler, Doug Marman, CTO & Vice President Products, VideoIQ. View Presentation
- IP Technology in High Rise Building Security: Then and Now, Blair Ames, Principal for Montgomery-Ames Associates and Salvatore Conti, President, Global Systems Integrators. View Presentation
Networking at IP-in-Action LIVE NYC, the technical forum serves as a leading event for the exchange of information and education.
Exhibitors at IP-In-Action LIVE NYC
Arecont Vision • Axis Communications • Brivo Systems • Exacq Technologies • GarrettCom, Inc. • IQinVision • JVC • Milestone Systems • NUUO Inc. • ONSSI • Panasonic Systems Solutions Company • Pelco • Pixim • ScanSource Security • Sentry 360 Security • Timesight Systems • Valcom • VideoIQ
Hosted by the IP UserGroup USA, the world's fastest growing security technology forum, each IP-in-Action LIVE event showcases the very latest security technology from the world's market leaders.
Interviews with any of the IP UserGroup USA Corporate Members can be arranged. Contact Susan Brady, IP UserGroup USA Managing Director, by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 772 334 3249
Events Calendar posting
IP-in-Action LIVE Dallas
August 11, 2009
Cityplace Conference Center
About the IP UserGroup
The IP UserGroup and IP UserGroup USA provide a unique global platform to educate, inform and promote the benefits and application of IP technology to a community of more than 16,000 security professionals.
IP UserGroup USA Contacts
Susan Brady Chelsie Woods
Managing Director IP-in-Action LIVE Events
Office phone: 772 334 3249 Office phone: 207 510 0029